Asrat Atsedeweyn Andargie
College: College of Medicine and Health Sciences,
Job Title: Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Department: Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Qualifications: BEd, Msc and PhD.
Email-address: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Telephone number: +251930001197
- Research Interest
- MSc Thesis Advised
- Trainings and Certifications
- Prizes and Awards
- Administrative profile
- Haileab Fekadu Wolde; Asrat Atsedeweyen Andargie; Addisu Jember Zeleke; Tadesse Awoke Ayele; Malede Mequanent Sisay; Adino Tesfahun Tsegaye; Shitaye Alemu Balcha. Predictors of vascular complications among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients at University of Gondar Referral Hospital: a retrospective follow-up study. BMC Endocrine Disorders 18:52, 2018. https://rdcu.be/3PR8
- Mebetu Gebre, Asrat Atsedeweyn, Kidanemariam Alem. Determinants of Modern Contraceptive Use among Fertile Women in Debark Districts North West Ethiopia. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 10(8), 270-280, 2018.
- Andargie A.A. and Agmas S. (2018). Determinants of Schstosoma Mansoni in Sanja Health Center, North West Ethiopia. BMC Public Health, 18:620, 2018.
- Andargie A.A. and Melkamu A. (2018). A Longitudinal Data Analysis on Risk Factors for Developing Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus at the University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, Gondar, Ethiopia. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 10(6), 171-182, 2018. https://doi.org/10.5897/JPHE2018.1007
- Andargie A.A. and Yemane A. (2018). Survival time of HIV-infected children under 15 years of age after initiation of Antiretroviral therapy in Gondar University hospital, Ethiopia. Journal of HIV and AIDS Research, 10(4):49-55.
- Andargie A.A. and Mengistu A. (2018). Factors Associated With Utilization of Institutional Delivery Care and Postnatal Care Services in Ethiopia. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 10(4), 108-122.
- Andargie A.A. and Abebe Debu (2017). Determinants of obstetric fistula in Ethiopia. Journal of African Health Sciences, 17(3): 671-680.
- Asrat Atsedeweyn & K. Srinivasa Rao (2014). Linear Regression Model with New Symmetric Distributed Errors. Jour. of Applied Statistics, 41(2), 364-381.
- Andargie and Rao (2013). Estimation of a linear model with two-parameter symmetric platykurtic distributed errors. of Uncertainty Analysis & Applications, 1:13.
- Asrat Atsedeweyn & K. Srinivasa Rao (2014). Linear model with generalized new symmetric distributed errors. Jou. of Mathematical Theory & Modeling 4(1).
- K. Sharma, Asrat Atsedeweyn and Bisrat Misganaw (2012). Optimal Partial Triallel Cross Designs. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, 7(2), 99-106.
- K. Sharma, Asrat Atsedeweyn and Sileshi Fanta (2011). Forewarning Models of the Insects of Paddy Crop. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation, 3(8), 367-375.
- Atsedeweyn A.Asrat. and Olusanya E. Olubusoye (2009). A Comparison of Alternative Estimators of Macroeconomic Model of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Journal of Economics, XVIII(1), 71-99.
- Regression, econometrics, statistical inference and computation
- Wagaye Tesfaye (2019). Joint modeling of longitudinal blood glucose measurements and time to death of diabetics and hypertension co-infected patients a case of Gondar University specialized hospital.
- ALI MEKONEN (2019). INCIDENCE OF DIABETIC FOOT ULCER AND ITS PREDICTORS AMONG DIABETES MELLITUS PATIENTS AT FELEGE HIWOT REFERRAL HOSPITAL, BAHIR DAR, NORTHWEST ETHIOPIA.
- Habtamu Takele (2018). Modeling Time-to-Menarche Cox Proportional Hazard versus Accelerated Failure Time Models. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Getahun Fisha (2018). Survival Analysis of Inpatient Diabies Mellitus Petients in Felege Hiwot Referral Hospital, Bahir Dar, North West Ethiopia: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Daniel Bekele (2018). Time to Poor Treatment Outcome and its Association with Change in Weight among MDR TB Patients Treated at MDR-TB Referral Hospitals, Amhara region, Ethiopia: a Retrospective Multi-Center study., Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Gondar.
- Tsigereda Abebe (2017). Ordinal logistic regression analysis of risk factors for severity of heart failure among adults: case of Felege Hiwot Referral Hospital, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar,.
- Haileab Fekadu (2017). Incidence and determinates for vascular complications among type II diabetes mellitus patients in university of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital: A retrospective follow-up study. Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Gondar.
- Atsedemariam Nigus (2016). Determinats of visceral leshimaniasis in addis zemen health center, northern western Ethiopia. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Melkamu Ayana (2016). A Longutidinal Analysis of Risk Factors for Developing Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Case Study at Felege Hiwot Feferal Hospital., Department of Statistics, Bahir Dar University.
- Mebetu Gebre (2016). Determinants of Modern Contraception use among Fertile Women in Debark Wereda: A Multilevel Logistics Regression Model., Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Dessie Melese (2016). Multinomial Logistic Regression Analysis on the Determinants of Pneumonia among under Five Children in the University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, Gondar, Ethiopia. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar,.
- Derebe Mulaw (2016). HIV Status of New Born Infants born from HIV Infected ART User Mothers in North Gondar Administrative Zone, North West Ethiopia., Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, U. of Gondar.
- Demelash Gessese (2016). Multilevel Analysis of Active Trachoma in some Woredas of Amhara region. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar,.
- Dawit Abathun (2016). Ordinal logistic regression analysis of correlates of hypertension severity in the University of Gondar, North West Ethiopia. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar,.
- Yemane Asmelash (2015). Survival Time of HIV-Infected Children Under 15 Years of Age after Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy in the University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, North West Ethiopia., Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Mengistu Abebe (2015). Factors Associated with Utilization of Institutional Delivery Care and Postnatal Care Services in Ethiopia. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Agmas Sisay (2015). Ordinal Logistic Regression Analysis on the Determinants of Schstosoma Mansoni in Sanja Health Center, North West Ethiopia., Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Worku (2015). Geostatistical Mixed Models in Agricultural Field Experiments. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar.
- Abebe Debu (2015). Determinants of Obstetric Fistula in Ethiopia: An Application of Binary and Multilevel Logistic Regression Models. Department of Statistics, University of Gondar
- Member, Ethiopian Statistical Association (ESA) since 2008;
- Member, Ethiopian Economic Association (EEA) since 2008;
- Member, American Statistical Association (ASA) since Feb. 2013, (Membership ID: 179466);
- Life time member, Indian Journal of Probability and Statistics (IJPS) since March 2012, (Membership ID: LM/2012/29/935);
Voluntary Membership or Boards
- Chairman, Ethiopian Statistical Association Gondar Branch Office;
- Life time member, Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia- since 2016;
- Member, Sanita Green Club since 2018, Gondar, Ethiopia
- Board Member, Gondar College of Teachers’ education;
- Board Member, Fasil Football club;
- Board Member, University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital;
- Chairman, CRC council of University of Gondar;
- CASH Ambassador, University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital;
- Executive Committee Member, Global One Health initiative (GOHi) WHIP 3TB Executive Project.
- Leader of MasterCard foundation project at the University of Gondar since 2016.
Trainings and Certifications
- Certificate of Professional Educator, Higher Diploma in Teaching Methodology, University of Gondar, Gondar, Higher Education Institute, Funded by Government of Ethiopia in September 2010 – June 2011
- Certificate of Higher Education Leadership and Management, GIZ, Human Capacity Development, including seminar/exposure visit in Germany & the Netherlands, Sponsored by ederal Republic of Germany; Programme in the frame of the GIZ STEP in July 27, 2016 to November 16, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management and Administration, Central Institute of Management, India, Private Higher Education Institute in September 2013 to June 2014
- Gender and HIV & AIDS,
- HIV & AIDS and Development/ Socio-economic impacts of HIV and AIDS,
- Country and University focus: Underlining causes, Factors making Ethiopia/ university of Gondar vulnerable to HIV and AIDS,
- Web causation of HIV,
- HIV and AIDS and the work place
- Developing an HIV and AIDS workplace policy
- Leadership Training, organized by University of Gondar and LMCD/ EHE
- Breakthrough, Transformational leadership and change management,
- Performance management (Balanced scored card), and leadership development;
- Internationalization and Capacity Building in Ethiopian Higher Education” jointly organized by U.S. Embassy and Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE) from March 5-7 in Addis.
Prizes and Awards
- Best Teacher of the Year 2010/11 Award by the University of Gondar and received the award (gold medal, cash and certificate) from the hand of honourable guest of the annual students’ graduation ceremony, his Excellency Ambassador Tiruneh Zena, Ethiopian Human Rights Commission Commissioner.
- MSc degree awarded from the hands of honourable guest of the 2008 annual students’ graduation ceremony of Addis Ababa University, his Excellency Dr Tewoldebirhan Gebregziabher, the then Director for Environmental Protection Authority of Ethiopia, for being the highest scorer of the class of 2008 (CGPA of 3.94 out of 4.0) in the MSc program of the Department of Statistics.
- Senior secondary school completed with CGPA of 4.0 (out of 4.0) in national exams and I got an outstanding student award (in cash and in kind) from the hands of his Excellency Mr Addisu Legesse, the then Chief Administrator of Amhara National Regional State and later the Deputy Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Asrat Atsedeweyn (Presenter & Author). Estimation of linear regression model with symmetric platykurtic distributed errors. 4th annual international conference for academic disciplines, Harvard University, Boston, USA, May 26 – 30, 2013. Available online: http://.ijas2013harvard.sched.org/
- Asrat Atsedeweyn (Presenter & Author). Linear Regression Model with New Symmetric Distributed Errors. National Seminar on Recent Advances in Stochastic Modeling and its Applications, Department of Statistics, Andhra University, 10-11 February 2013.
- Asrat Atsedeweyn (Presenter & Author). A Comparison of alternative estimators of macroeconomic model of Ethiopia. 17th Staff-students Annual Conference, University of Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia, May 2009.
- President, the University of Gondar from March 4, 2019 to present date
- Academic vice president, the University of Gondar (date). The Office of Academic Vice President (AVP) is responsible for strategic planning, as well as implementing and coordinating educational programs, assuring quality of instruction; selecting and developing a distinguished faculty; and furthering the objectives of University. The AVP also provides assistance, leadership, guidance, resources, and supervision of the entire academic division in support of the mission of the University of Gondar
- Director, Research and Publication Directorate of the University (May 15, 2015 to February 15, 2016). Responsible for providing research and publication leadership in the University and undertake any other additional duties and responsibilities coming from the research and community services vice president and president offices.
- Dean, Faculty of Natural and Computational Sciences, University of Gondar (October 18, 2009 to September 15, 2011). Coordinate and promote all multidisciplinary academic, research and community services activities of the faculty. Create conducive atmosphere for the expansion of academic and research efforts of the Faculty
- Department Head, Department of Statistics, Faculty of Natural and Computational Sciences, University of Gondar (February 10, 2009 to October 17, 2009 and December 10, 2014 May 14, 2015). Direct the teaching, research and community service activities of the department. Promote the enhancement of the quality and relevance of teaching, research and community service in the department.
- Statistician and Delegated Head of the Office of Finance and Economic Development, Simada District Finance and Economic Development Office, Amhara National Regional State Bureau of Finance and Economic Development, Ethiopia. Responsable to analyze data and apply statistical techniques to help solve the socio-economic problems in the district, Coordinate the provision of effective strategic, financial and human resources planning and information of the district, Provide comptrollership functions in order to ensure finances are managed according to legislation, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles, Provide leadership and direction to ensure efficient use Finance, Budget, revenues/ income generation and audit activities in the district.
- Principal, Tagel Senior Secondary School, Simada District Education office, Amhara National Regional State Bureau of Finance and Economic Development, Ethiopia. Responsible to promote the enhancement of the quality of teaching and learning in the school, strive to create an organization and or climate which foster student and teacher growth, responsable for the general operation of human and facility in the school
- Teaching Mathematics in the school, and involving in extracurricular activities in the school, Simada District Education office, Amhara National Regional State Bureau of Finance and Economic Development, Ethiopia