The purpose of this policy is to manage bandwidth use, to avoid bandwidth degradation, and to ensure network efficacy within the University of Gondar.
- The University shall establish and maintain an effective and dedicated web cache management service to optimize bandwidth provision.
- For optimal service delivery and efficient bandwidth utilization purpose, user traffic shall be treated based on the subnet/VLAN type and service/application type as follows:
- Category A-based on subnet/VLAN type: bandwidth allocation shall be made in the following order:
- ICT staffs
- Academic staffs
- Computer labs
- Public relations
- Other administrative staffs
- Category B-based on service /Application type: bandwidth allocation shall be made in the following order:
- Application (HTTP and HTTPS)
- Streaming services
However, priority shall be given to streaming services in cases of virtual education, online conferences, online workshops, and virtual graduations, etc.