Capacity building is the process of developing and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities, processes, and resources that organizations and communities need to survive, adapt, and thrive in a fast-changing world. ICT capacity building enables the University’ community to acquire the necessary ICT skills to manipulate a technology and master its practical applications.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the management of ICT capacity building activities at the University of Gondar.
This policy applies to all staff members and students of the University.
- The ICT Directorate, in collaboration with concerned academic departments (e.g. Department of Health Informatics and departments from the Faculty of Informatics and Institute of Technology), shall strengthen the technical skills of staffs and students through trainings;
- The ICT Directorate and/or academic units shall briefly prepare training proposals;
- The ICT Directorate and/or academic units shall prepare and sign a contract agreement with the concerned parties to conduct skill-building training for University staff members and the community;
- For University staff capacity bulding trainings, the University human resource office shall prepare and manage contractual agreements that includes payment for trainers, lab assistance and training coordinators; and
- The ICT Directorate shall provide and manage all training resources and the resources shall be accessed by only authorized persons.
- National and International Academies (CISCO, Oracle, Microsoft, etc):
- Academic units and/or the ICT Directorate shall plan, organize and deliver national and international academy trainings;
- Training delivery guidelines shall be prepared by the ICT Directorate and/or Academic departments;
- The ICT Directorate or academic units can open and administer ICT-related academies;
- The ICT academy instructors shall be from ICT and/or academic staff who shall be qualified and willing to sign an agreement;
- The training of trainers (TOT) in the above areas shall be decided by the ICT Directorate and/or the academic units. The selected trainers shall sign a service commitment with the University.
- External and Internal Grant Trainings
- ICT Directorate or academic units can bring ICT-related training grants and shall deliver the training together;
- Training delivery guidelines shall be prepared by the ICT Directorate and/or academic departments and/or by the grant provider;
- The Individual/s who brought the grant shall be the principal leader and shall manage the training; and
- Payment for trainers, lab assistance and training coordinators shall be managed based on the approved grant proposals.