1.DAAD Scholarship for teaching and research staff from Developing Countries
DAAD Regional Office for Africa is happy to announce the renewal and expansion of the-DAAD in-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for Postgraduates.
This Programme, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, seeks to strengthen and expand DAAD’s regional network of high-quality academic partners offering development-related Master and/or PhD studies which are geared towards capacity building and strengthening of teaching and research staff.
The DAAD in-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme is a part of the DAAD’s program of «Development-Related Master and/or PhD studies » If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply. Please read the information provided here very carefully.
University of Gondar Applied to participate in the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme. Accordingly, DAAD is willing to offer University of Gondar the following: Up to 3 PhD Scholarships for this year’s intake, eligible for the following programme:
• Doctoral Programme in Public Health Science
Hence, Applications for 2016/17 intake will be accepted from February 10 through March 10, 2016.
If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship «Development-Related Postgraduate Master and/or PhD studies » please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
•You hold Master’s degree qualification, completed with at least above-average results;
•You received your latest degree no more than six years ago ;
•You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained after the completion of your first university degree;
•Proof of admission to the desired degree course or official letter assuring admission
•Staff member of a public or private university (or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment)
•Citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
•PhD proposals must demonstrate relevance to development.
•Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, we have to apply these criteria very strictly. If you do not fulfill them, you will not be eligible for the DAAD scholarship.
3.Application for DAAD/DAAD application document includes:
• Filled and signed DAAD Application Form for In-Country/In-Region Scholarships
• Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Euro pass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
• A signed copy of this DAAD Information Sheet for Students
• Certified copies of all university degree certificates
• Certified copies of all university transcripts
• At least temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission
• Ph.D. research proposal and a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked!
• Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
• Recommendation letter by head of department indicating that you are a present or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university (original only)
• Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable)
• Confirmation of teaching release (university staff members only)
4.Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows
• Applications must be sent to the respective host institution and only shortlisted candidates will be informed to apply for the DAAD scholarships in the DAAD Portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal, containing
• The application documents requested by the host institution, as well as
• The filled DAAD Application Form and
• All additional documents requested by the DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars.
• For the 2016/17 intake, the deadline for applications will be March 10, 2016. Your complete file with all required documents must reach to the concerned bodies by this date. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
• Please send your documents in good time to ensure their timely arrival. We are regrettably not in a position to track your files with the postal service or any courier services.
5.Duration of the scholarship
• Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years (PhD) respectively. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form.
6.Equal opportunities: Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
7.If You Have Questions Concerning the DAAD Application Form and Requirements
For any other questions you may have concerning the DAAD Application Form (e.g., «What should I enter in section…? »), or the DAAD requirements (e.g., concerning the documents to be submitted as per the DAAD’s request), please contact:
• Dr. Abeba Gebeyehu, Director of Institute of Public Health, University of Gondar, Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org, Cell Phone-251-920314519
• Abel Fekadu, Head of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department, Emailemail@example.com Cell Phone-251-9782422
• Resom Berhe, Head department of Health information and promotion department
you can find the information sheet here