Bizuhan Getnet Gedamu
Law Service Directorate
Duties and responsibilities of the Directorate
- Provide oral and written legal advice to decision-makers and administrators on legal issues affecting the University.
- Represent the University in litigation before all courts and tribunals including in administrative and regulatory hearings.
- Oversee the University’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Negotiate, draft and review legal documents for the purpose of enhancing and protecting the University’s interests.
- Use alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to resolve or facilitate the resolution of disputes or potential disputes between the University and third parties.
- Provide training on relevant legal topics affecting the University.
- Plan the general activities of the directorate.
- Report the activities done for concerned organs.