Back ground of ICT Directorate Gondar University identified ICT service and system as critical and top priority enablers in achieving its vision and mission. ICT directorate was set up as a central service unit that provides expert services and guidance to all academic and administrative units of the university.
Our vision and Mission
University Of Gondar
Our Mission Through collaboration and professionalism, to visualize, build up, Implement, Utilize and manage appropriate information system in order to provide integrated, coordinated and customer–focused quality ICT services to University of Gondar in line with its vision, mission and objectives. Technical Support unit Provides an interface between the university system users and ICT. Our mandate is to identify and solve ICT related problems in order to improve business processes within the university Our support goals:
- Effectively track and respond to user requests
- Improve responsiveness by enhancing communication campus-wide
- Increase satisfaction by providing an easy way tosummit and check status of requests.
Our Support includes the following
- Desktop Hardware/Software
- Computer hardware component troubleshooting, repair, and replacement
- Network and local printer/printer driver installation and setup
- Erasing and wiping hard drives
- Computer re-imaging
- Application execution troubleshooting &
- Network related maintenance
- Troubleshooting of
- Single and multifunction printers (MFP)
- Any software (including operating systems)
- Connectivity issues associated with hardware/software problems
- Local storage – file backup, recovery, or restoration
- Installation, setup of software
- Navigation assistance for any software or applications
- The Technical support Team provides first line support to users. In an event that a user problem cannot be handled at the end user support Team, it is escalated to respective ICT director for further action,
- Inquires though the Technical support unit are logged :
- Via the landline phone: +251 – 588 – 119174
- Via IP phone: 1500
- Via IP phone: 1394
- Via IP phone: 1167
Technical support Team partially:
Hours of Operation The ICT Technical Support hours of operation are: -Monday through Friday, morning 2:00-6:00, Afternoon 7:00-11:00 local time. Exceptions are made for holidays and announced closures.
WE ALWAYS STRIVE TO ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION AND VISION OF THE ICT DIRECTORATE OFFICE AND ULTIMATELY THE VISION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF GONDAR!