Simegnish Chekol Takele
Phone number: 0918789394
Email : email@example.com
Women’s, Children and Youth Affairs Directorate
- Create awareness and movement on the question of women, children and youth;
- Facilitate chances and opportunities for the university students to solve their challenges at university stay and in their life;
- Strengthen institutional structures and mechanisms to empower women in all aspects of work at all levels within the University.
- Device means for the proper application of women’s right to affirmative actions guaranteed at the university level and follow the implementation;
- Ensure that due attention is given to select women for decision-making positions in various level in the university;
- Coordinate all stakeholders to protect the rights and well-being of children;
- Undertake studies to identify discriminatory practices affecting women, facilitate the creation of conditions for the elimination of such practices, and follow up their implementation;
- Provide preventive education or training on triggering factors of HIV infection such as substance abuse, sexual harassment etc.
- Encourage the involvement of University community in HIV/AIDS initiatives and activities.
- Follow up the implementation of treaties relating to women and children and submit reports to the concerned bodies.