BRIEF HISTORY OF THE EXAMINATION CENTERS DIRECTORATE
Since 2009/10 the University of Gondar has established examination centers in each campus under the supervision of academic vice president. Then by taking the expansion of the university in to consideration and in order to satisfy the needs of customers at the grass root level, examination centers directorate was established under academic vice president in 2014/2015. Each college/faculty/institute/school of the university now has examination centers coordination office with all the necessary human and material requirements fulfilled. Examination centers coordination offices are responsible for both the examination centers directorate and the college/faculty/institute/school in which they belong.
MISSION, VISION, MOTTO AND CORE VALUES OF EXAMINATION CENTERS
Our mission is to maintain quality education through proper assessment methods. By quality assessment methods, it is possible to produce quality citizens that contribute for the sustainable socioeconomic development of the country.
Our vision is to provide high quality assessments in the university by 2020.
Assuring quality Education Through standardized and secured assessment methods!
Customer first: since our customers are students and staffs, the directorate will give priority to their problems and support people with special needs.
Quality in all: strong commitment to high standards in assessment related activities and feedback delivery to enhance quality of education.
Invention and Innovation: Creativity and innovation as hallmark of our efforts, we are in a higher education industry where creativity and adaption to its changing environment and responds to the needs of the community.
Solidarity and Teamwork: Enhancing unity and forming cohesive teams determines our future success. Thus, we value solidarity and encourage team work in our process.
Faithful to ethics: we comply to legal, social and professional ethics and norms which is crucial for our development; Practices of accountability, transparency, fairness, honesty, and objectivity in dealing with its constituencies.
Sustainability: Promotes diversity in its policies and practices to prepare its learners to live and work successfully in an increasingly diverse society.
Care for Staff: Our success is based on attracting, hiring, developing and retaining best employees that can maintain quality of education.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF EXAMINATION CENTERS
- Developing annual plan for the examination centers in line with strategic plan designed by the university and act accordingly
- Responsible for activities related to the examination of regular, continuing and summer program students
- Duplicate standardized course syllabi before the beginning of the following semester and submitting to the respective departments/instructors
- Record continuous assessment plan of each and every course, supervise the proper implementation and give constructive feedback for the instructor/department
- Duplicate work sheets, tests, assignments, group works and quizzes when requested by departments/instructors
- Announce schedules related to continuous assessment implementation, final exam duplication and final examination delivery
- Duplicate and Distribute examination rules and regulations for both students and instructors during final examination
- Assuring final examinations are critically evaluated by the examination committe
ADDRESS OF DIRECTOR AND COORDINATORS OF EXAMINATION CENTERS
|1.||Gashaw Jember||Examination Centers Directorate Director||+251918729933|
|2.||Yetinayet Sisay||College of Medicine and Health Science Examination Centers Coordinator||+251920602969|
|3.||Solomon Admasu||College of Social Science and The Humanities Examination Centers Coordinator||+251912456946|
|4.||Yibeltal Arega||College of Natural and Computational Science Examination Centers Coordinator||+251913031954|
|5.||Ashenafi Tafesse||College of Business and Economics Examination Centers Coordinator||+251913740338|
|6.||Abebe Dagnew||College of Agriculture and Rural Transformation Examination Centers Coordinator||+251924325333|
|7.||Workneh Gebeyehu||Institute of Technology Examination Centers Coordinator||+251918785397|
|8.||Aschalew Assefa||Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Examination Centers Coordinator||+251948786954|
|9.||Legesse Adigo||School of Education Examination Centers Coordinator||+251912181877|
|10.||Workneh Alemnew||School of Law Examination Centers Coordinator||+251913449901|
|11.||Serkaddis Adem||Faculty of Informatics Examination Centers Coordinator||+251924385238|