Solomon Fantaw (Assistant Professor)
Director, Community Services Directorate
Responsibility of the Directorate
- Coordinates all community services organized at the university level.
- Support and follow up the community service providers under 11 College/institute/ Faculty and School and Community service provision centers like free legal aid centers, youth centers, etc. of the university.
- Ensures that the implementation of community service activities in line with the university’s core missions and objectives
- Ensures that the communities are primary beneficiaries of the planned and executed community services.
- Organize workshops, forums, symposia, exhibitions & consultative meetings, related to issues of community services.
- Assessing the community service needs, and check the quality of the service.
- Coordinate and create conducive environment for community service provision
- Build institutional capacity for productive and sustainable community service delivery
- Develop working documents, and guidelines/standards/forms appropriate for implementation of community service
- Facilitate necessary material, financial and institutional conditions for planning and implementation of community service
- Facilitate short term trainings for the staff under his/her supervision, and provide feedback
- Perform other tasks given from the Community Service Executive Director