Department of General Midwifery
The Department is opened on March, 2018 G.C for Undergraduate Midwifery Studies (for both Generic and Post-Basic Programs). Admissions to all regular undergraduate programs are processed through the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and have customarily been students with natural science background and medically fit.
Department of Clinical Midwifery
The Department is opened on March, 2018 G.C for Postgraduate Midwifery Studies (for MSc Programs). The minimum admission requirements for applicants are;
- Hold first degree from a recognized university in baccalaureate degree in Midwifery , and nurse midwives who have had BSc in Nursing and working in MNCH settings with cumulative GPA of 2.0 and above
- Produce a valid recent medical certificate (Physically and mentally fit for training in Midwifery).
- Candidates should have at least two years work experience after the BSc award and should have acceptable professional conduct attested by references.
- Must pass the written and practical exam and interview examination prepared to assess the individuals’ competences and preparedness to pursue a graduate program.
- Have full sponsorship, leave of absence and reinstatement assurance letter from employing party; excluding self-sponsors.
Department of Women’s and Family Health
The Department is opened on March, 2018 G.C for Postgraduate Midwifery Studies (for PhD Programs). The minimum admission requirements for applicants
- Applicants to the postgraduate midwifery training at doctoral level should have Midwifery background and health related master degree.
- Moreover, applicants must forward three letters of recommendation from their employers and academic supervisors. One of the references should be from academic staff.
- As the medium of instruction is English, applicants whose medium of instruction at secondary and/or higher education was not English would be required to produce a certificate of proficiency in English language.
- Candidates who pass the preliminary screening can be invited for an entrance examination.
- Once they fulfill the requirements and are admitted to the program, entrants can make arrangements to plan their studies according to their needs and work conditions with their academic advisor.