The history of the School of Biomedical and Laboratory Sciences (SBMLS) is the history of the Department of Laboratory Technology and the Department of Microbiology, Parasitology and Immunology. The Department of Laboratory Technology was established as the laboratory department in 1954, just in the same year when the Gondar Public Health College (GPHC) and Training Center (TC) was founded. The Department of Microbiology, Parasitology and Immunology was established in 1979/80 when the Medical School was opened. The School of Biomedical and Laboratory Sciences has evolved in 2011 by that time the Department of Clinical Chemistry has also established in the same year as one member of the school.
The Department offers MSc program in Clinical Chemistry. In addition, the Department delivers different courses for undergraduate Medical Laboratory Science students. Moreover the Department provides training to capacitate knowledge and skill of the health professionals and academicians for the region and the country at large.
The Department has been striving to enhance quality of education through establishment of its own Clinical Chemistry & Urinalysis laboratory. In addition, the department has been using the University of Gondar Hospital laboratory for practical attachment of students to enhance the knowledge, skill and attitude of students.
Departments of Clinical Chemistry Program
- MSc in Clinical Chemistry
Number of Students
|No||Bach||No of students|
- Head, Departments of Clinical Chemistry
- Phone No:+251 938 279709
- Officel location: CMHS, Scince Amba, East of the Hall