The college of medicine and health science & specialized Hospital is one of the oldest institutions in Ethiopia established in 1954. The collage is Know a model institute for developing countries for its teamwork and unique teaching philosophy’s. It has trained health professionals for over sixty years and is a center of Excellence. The collage has grown to address the critical shortage of health professionals in academia, research projects and community Service activities. The rationale behind the establishment of the CMHS is to encourage cross-breeding across various disciplinary paradigms; standardize curricula across disciplines; set standards and quality checks for the teaching-learning process; maximize human resources utilization through joint planning in teaching common courses and in conducting research; create opportunities in collaborative research and publication; maximize shared use of facilities for effectiveness and efficiency in teaching-learning, research and services; and create opportunities to address the health needs of the community in an integrated manner as a health team. In addition Continues professional Development (CPD) program is newly emerged directive initiated by the ministry of health to enhance competency of health professionals and enable to maintain and update their professional capacity. The University of Gondar is the pioneer to start the in- service traninig in Ethiopia and dedicated to contribute its allotment in continuing professional developments program.
Mission, Vision and Values of CMHS and Referral Hospital Accreditation office
- To ensure the health care provider’s capacity to practice safely, effectively and legally within their scope of practice through a range of learning activities/quality in-service training.
- To ensure quality health service delivery through competent health professionals
- To link the continuing education unit/CEU with license renewal requirement system through standardized and quality in-service training activities
Vision: The leading problem solving CPD accreditor and provider in the area of tropical and infectious disease in Ethiopia by 2030
- Quality at all
- Customer first
- Solidarity and Team Work
- Invention and Innovation
- Care for Staffs
- Faithful to ethics
- Conduct In-service training need assessment for health professionals
- Prepare annual in-service training plan and submit to the partners
- Design and develop need based in-service training curriculum for health professionals
- Provide standardized and quality in-service training for health professionals.
- Review applications for accreditation of CPD service providers and CPD courses
- Ensure CPD providers and CPD course are compliant with the guidelines;
- Revise continuing education units (CEUs) allocated where the provider failed to comply with the rules and regulations of the Ministry CPD System;
- Review Accredited Service Providers and submit an annual report to the Ministry for noting whether the following was adhered to